My Odometer

Upcoming Races

August 29, 2012

Marathon Training, and stuff


As school approaches, I've had some difficulty feeling motivated to start my runs over the past 2 weeks.  Still, over that time, I completed my first 20 miler in 3 years. I was only supposed to do 18; should have stuck to the plan.  It was HARD.

Today, I completed my second set of Yasso's (I've missed my goal on 2 other occassions, also).  All 10 800s were under 3:50.  While I think 3:50 isn't an accurate prediction of where I can finish a marathon, I would be ecstatic with 4:50 or less.  The first time, I struggled to a 5:33, after my right leg seized up in cramps over miles 20-24.  I want to shatter that time.  Sticking to the plan would be smarter in the future.

Finally, today, I brought my monthly mileage to 123.  That's 3 more miles than my largest month ever.  I still have one more run this month, tomorrow.  The total should be between 125 and 126.

When I'm not motivated, it's odd.  I have become such a better runner over the past two years.  I am getting faster, but also building my endurance.  I don't skip runs, no matter how tempting that may be.  Progress is happening, and in a month and a half, I'm going to be so pumped.  Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait.
Bart Yasso

Flat Bart

1 comments:

S August 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM  

That donut and burger meter? That's a lot of donuts and burgers!

Congrats on the success with the Yassos!

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP