My Odometer

Upcoming Races

January 29, 2009

Up your nose with a rubber hose...

That's my way of saying that today, I'm a sweat hog. No work the last two days. The northeast was hit with a snow and ice storm yesterday. Though most school districts had off yesterday, they went back today after a 90-minute delay. My delay was dramatically turned to a cancellation. That allowed me to get in the workout I missed yesterday (though, I did shovel for over an hour, which is 400 calories for a 150 pound person...so it should be more for me...but I'd settle on 400). Today's workout felt great, I've got to say. I haven't felt this good after a workout in a long time. I'm actually quite pumped.

Monday's workout was good. I did a circuit workout on the machines, then ran 2.5. Today, was much better. After doing the "gut buster" routine, I ran 30 minutes and walked another 10. Just the running was great. I've toned down the pace (averaging around 6.4 mph (9:30 mile or so), and I'm getting a lot more out of it. Plus, my mileage has increased a considerable amount...though I did do the last 4 minutes over 7.2 mph (around an 8:15 mile). All told, I did 40 minutes, and went 4.2 miles...even if I didn't factor in the walking from the cool down, that's an average of exactly 6.3 mph. So, the cool down was even faster than normal. Though I'm not seeing much of an improvement with my weight, I'd have to say my fitness level has increased a lot. Big weigh in tomorrow, but today, I'm happy.

Today's run playlist (I listened to Bill Simmons' BS Report podcast while I did the first part of the workout) :

  1. St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)-John Parr
  2. A Million Ways to Be Cruel-OK Go
  3. I Want to Break Free-Queen
  4. Do What you Want-OK Go
  5. I'm Still Standing-Elton John
  6. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race-Fall Out Boy
  7. The Middle-Jimmy Eat World
  8. I'm Shipping Up to Boston-Dropkick Murphys
  9. Smooth Criminal-Michael Jackson
  10. All These Things I've Done-The Killers (Quite possibly my favorite mid-run song, it really has gotten to me since this Nike Commercial from the 2008 Beijing Olympics...it may be the shot of Pre's mustache. Then again, the cowboy at the start of the original video is pretty B.A. too.)
  11. Run Away-Bon Jovi
  12. Tessie-Dropkick Murphys (Tessie always carries me away)
  13. Mr. Jones-Counting Crows
  14. My Hero-Foo Fighters
  15. Pain-Jimmy Eat World
  16. Bright Future In Sales-Fountains of Wayne

0 comments:

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP