My Odometer

Upcoming Races

September 24, 2011

Milestones

Two years ago, I ran all of 440 miles, and somehow finished a marathon.  I say finished, because at this point, looking back, I'm itching to believe I can do much better.  I am suppressing that itch, and the itch to prove it, because with one child, and another on the way, I cannot fathom doing the proper training.

Last year, I ran just over 600 miles. My goal for this year was 750.  While I'm still far off from that goal, there is light at the end of the tunnel.  What I am proud of is that, today, less than halfway through my workout, I had run over 600 miles for the year.  There is still a week left in September.

While, at the advice of @brandtschneider I won't count those miles before their ran, but there are 13 weeks left in the year.  As of this moment, there are 144 miles left to go.  That 750 miles which seemed like a doable challenge on Dec. 31, 2010, seems nearly in my grasp with three months to go.

Averaging less than 12 miles a week seems so 2009...

As an aside, today during my run, my weight dropped 6 lbs.  During the summer, this never happened.  I hydrated well yesterday, and had a water break during my 10 miler today.  Also, I felt no ill-effects.  This seems a bit off, though the humidity was VERY high.  Any thoughts from the experts?

1 comments:

S November 30, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

Dude, no monthly updates in a while? WTF? At the very least, we need to know about MRR.

Also, I think you should change your blog banner to say "BECAUSE 26.3 WOULD BE CRAZY". I actually LOLed when I read that one.

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP