My Odometer

Upcoming Races

January 1, 2013

New year, same old same old

Last year, I finished with 785 miles run. I finished the year weighing 235 pounds. Then I went up to 237 by March, with the goal to actually lose weight. Today, I weighed 223. While that's 5 pounds more than the beginning of December, but only 2 pounds more than when I was at the doctor on Dec. 19. This was after last night's binge of crappy food. It was delicious. Time to get serious. Last year, at the start of the year, I was 12 pounds lighter than the year before.  This year, I'm 12 pounds lighter than I was the year before. Something is working. I'd like to be 200 this time next year.  That's my goal.  No resolution. Just a goal. Game on!

December 2010 Mileage: 43
December 2011 Mileage: 48
December 2012 Mileage: 79

2009 Total Miles: 440*
2010 Total Miles: 600
2011 Total Miles: 785
2012 Total Miles: 887* <---what happened="" p="" there="">
So that's really it. I have been looking back on my past resolutions. I don't think I'm going to make any. Today, when I went out for my run, I got about halfway done, and my back tightened. This is the second time it's happened in a week. It loosened up the first time. This time, not so much. So, I won't make any promises I can't keep at the moment.  However, 223...I'll be lower. I will be lower. I will be lower.

*In those years, I ran a full marathon. This year, I ran twice as far as I did 3 years before. That's crazy.

1 comments:

S January 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM  

Congratulations, and yup, the difference between 2009 and 2012 is kind of insane. Good luck making it to 1000, whether it's this year, the next, or whenever. I will also be sure to play that Proclaimers song whenever you do that. Even though you won't be walking.

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP