My Odometer

Upcoming Races

January 25, 2009

Sabotage

I've been known to sabotage myself in the past. Imagine, you have a great week. No real snacking to speak of combined with a healthy dose of exercise. Why not a little reward, right? That's all well and good. In fact, I'd go insane if I didn't do it. Unfortunately, I've been known to over reward. For instance, finding myself with a virtual day without work (I had to go in, but had no responsibilities for a single day), my colleagues and I got egg sandwiches on Friday morning. Not bad, except that it was also pizza night at home.

The recent discovery of Rossini's is a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing, because there hasn't been a really good pizza place in town since we moved here. This one looked crappy, so we never went. Then, a few recommendations later...bam, we're in...and it was GOOD. Enough that it has become the place of choice. That takes a lot, because I am loyal when it comes to pizza. Only, I can't control myself when it comes to pizza. I'll tell myself I'll only have 3...4...5...6...8 slices. I'm like a bottomless pit. As long as there is pizza, I'm hungry for it. This is partially why I give up pizza for lent. At least I don't do the binge thing for 11.5% of the year (that's what 6 weeks out of 52 equals, math majors). It's not a bad set up, but still, I love it too much to cut pizza out entirely.

Sorry, sidetracked-So, it was pizza night, and I had a great egg sandwich at work. Combine that with the following day was also my daughter's birthday party. Though I worked out on both days, I don't know if I compensated enough on the cautious eating on Saturday to make up for the binge on Friday. At one point, I caught myself eating buffalo chicken tenders too fast, and decided I wouldn't have another for the rest of the night. I didn't, which at least impressed me. Still, it's been a rough weekend on the eating front.

0 comments:

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP