My Odometer

Upcoming Races

February 9, 2009

Crunch time...

With only a few days remaining in TBL09, I'm still in second. The lack of weight loss is going to hurt the overall contest, but the loss of the fat is coming along fine. I ran outside yesterday, as it was in the high 40s. The run reminded me that the treadmill really helps your back, as it stabilizes for you. Remember that, folks. With the final weigh-in Friday, I've got to make one last push. Since I ran yesterday, I used today as a light cardio day (half an hour on the eliptical) while also doing the hammer strength circuit 3 times. I'm not sure if I mentioned this full workout yet. It consists of sets of 12-15 reps of the following exercises using the hammer strength machines: Lat/Pull Downs, Decline Press, Incline Press, Shoulder Press, bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg extensions, hamstring curls (push downs), inner and outer thigh extensions, and something that reminds me of the ab-rocket. Great time. Then it was watching the 5 o'clock news while I burned 400 calories on the eliptical (just over 31 minutes). In that time, I really decided that the woman who intentionally had the octuplets is officially the most selfish person in the world. To paraphrase her, as an only child, she felt like she was missing this connection, and NEEDED to create this connection with other people. SO SHE HAD 14 F-ING KIDS?! When I first heard the story, I already thought she was crazy. But not only is she bat-shit crazy, she's a selfish person, too. By the way, her mother, the woman that is helping take care of these 14 kids, spoke out gainst her daughter, Nadya Suleman.

Angela Suleman also challenged her daughter's remarks in the NBC interview that
she always wanted a large family to make up for the loneliness she felt as an
only child.
"We raised her in a loving family and her father always spoiled
her," Angela said.

NUTS...However, Sully is the damned best pilot in America since Charles Lindberg. It's been two weeks since the octuplets were born AND the plane was two weeks before that...You'd think Obama, Congress, and the Stimulus Bills would be the top of the newscast. NOPE, they took until the 12 minute mark before I heard about that. THE WEATHER CAME FIRST!

But seriously, it was a nice relaxing day at the gym. With 4 more days to go, it's time to watch what I eat even closer, and make sure I exercise each day. That's the plan, anyway.

0 comments:

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP