My Odometer

Upcoming Races

May 31, 2009

It's official: Iron Horse Half Marathon



Not much has been said since the start of track (hence the 2 and a half month lay off). What is there to say? My training has NOT gone as planned, but it has happened. Weight is back up, but so is my mileage. In fact, over the past month, I've gone on 6 runs that lasted anywhere from an hour to 1:45. Over these two months, I've also ran 2 5ks, and my time reflected the paces I've been training at.

HOWEVER, despite going off schedule, today was a special day. Today, I reached a bench mark, as planned, running the Iron Horse Half Marathon in Simsbury. My time wasn't earth shattering, but I did it (While I didn't finish in 2:10 like I hoped, I finished in 2h 32m 11s, which when you look at it is slightly more than double the winner's 1:15:50, which is something. [complete results (plus check out the 10K times and see how close my mother-in-law was to getting an age group award, AGAIN...next year Mom] ).

It truly is something I'm proud to say I accomplished. And, best yet, I feel great just 8 hours after I finished. Honestly, it was a great experience, and a great course I haven't killed my inner fat kid, but damn, it felt good to get it done. It certainly was an experience, and just added to my motivation to complete the 26.2 this fall.



Here's the total route I ran.


Proof that I finished...

Next race info...
August 8, 2009 (Saturday)The 31st Brew RunBrewster, MA 4:00PM The Woodshed, Route 6a (Every 25th finisher gets a prize.)Contact: Tom Meagher (Brewster Rescue Squad), 80 Center Street, Brewster, MA, USA, 02631. 1-508-896-3235 rspitler@cox.net> Yahoo! Maps > Register Now

If you're on the Cape that weekend, join me for some running and post-race cold one's. I preferred it to the Falmouth Road Race (though now I think I want to do that again, too!), it was like a summer version of Manchester.


TODAY'S SOUNDTRACK


1 comments:

S June 19, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

So somehow, even knowing about this blog, I never added it to my Google Reader feed until today (and I don't check blogs without my Google Reader anymore).

Anyway, obviously, I know you ran this race, but just wanted to say congrats cause it seriously is awesome, and I know that I couldn't have done it (at least not in my current physical condition, pregnancy aside, because I need to lose some weight first too).

Also, I didn't realize about your mother-in-law and how amazing she did! I can't believe she was only 22 seconds from being an award winner! Tell her I said congrats too! :)

Maybe someday, if I can ever figure out how to really run (and for more than 30 seconds at a time), I'll be able to join you guys!

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP