My Odometer

Upcoming Races

June 6, 2009

Runner's Toe

That's what's been bothering me all week. What's that? Also known as “black toe,” this injury is a blood blister beneath a nail. The condition is uncomfortable, can be prone to infection, and usually results in the eventual loss of the nail. The most common cause of runner's toe is tight running shoes, although jamming the toe running downhill can also cause the same problem. Your best prevention strategy is to make sure your running shoes fit.

My shoes DO fit...but that blister formed anyway from all the pressure and pounding of the half marathon. The toe throbbed for a few days, then the blister broke. Now, every so often, water comes out...Some throbbing...other than that, I'm fine. I hope it stays that way.

0 comments:

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP