My Odometer

Upcoming Races

June 17, 2009

Week 1: Early progress

Back in the saddle, I tried to restart the marathon plan from week one. I thought, why not? I'm back to the weight I was in January (not good), and need to find some focus to get this thing rolling. I will finish that damn race.

Week 1's plan was to get up to around 14-19 miles. I failed. It happens. My knee was getting sore everytime I ran, and my calf and hamstring were still feeling it a week after the Iron Horse. Surprisingly, my toe felt fine. I didn't run Sunday, and should have, but never found the time. It's the last week of school, and I screwed up. Also, Saturday's run had to be cut short, having been to a bachelor party the night before, my stomach wasn't settled (read: I hate Budweiser). Overall, I only ran 11.53 miles (thanks MapMyRun).

This week, my first run went great. I've got to put in 4-5 today, and 3-4 tomorrow. Break Friday, as usual, which is good because that's the last day of school. Which means party...which probably means more Bud (Yuck). I'll get my five to six in on Saturday, no matter what.

Check in...Please!

3 comments:

Jennifer June 17, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

You are in much better shape than I am in--- I've taken about 2 weeks off..... whoops! Your new running plan has got me back on the wagon though and I promise to check in on your blog. Good luck keeping up the momentum!

S June 19, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Just checked the weather, and it's supposed to be thunderstorms tomorrow. So just a heads up to plan accordingly with your running this weekend (get out there when you can while it's just dark but not raining).

Cause now that I know all about this whole checking up thing, I'll totally be asking you on Sunday if you got your running in!

marmie June 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

Here I am, and I won't be as nice as everyone else is. Though I'm proud of you, you have to keep working hard. It won't be easy with your busy schedule, even in summer, but summer will afford you more time to run. Remember that I'd love to run with you once a week if we could, and/or I can babysit Katie to let you run if you need to. just give a little notice. anyway-my total this week was 15 miles. I expect next week for me to be tough/end of school etc.
You still have time to get on track and lose weight before BREW and definitely before HM in Oct.
GO, not-so-fatboy, GO!!!!!

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP