My Odometer

Upcoming Races

June 30, 2009

progress


It's been 22 days on the plan (started June 9). So for the month of June, I ran a total of 52.86 miles over the course of that time. Today, I did a little less than 4 and a half miles. But Sunday was the best run of the plan so far. I did the usual neighborhood two mile loop (2.04 miles) as a tempo run at like 8:45 at night the day after a wedding, driving 2.5 hours home, and a steak dinner. I made it in 17:40, which is pretty fast for me (averaging an 8:40 mile, which is like 6.8 mph). I'll take that.


Also, my toes are fine, which is nice. For the past two weeks, I've been at the chiropractor, and getting adjusted. My neck was bothering me, but it was like seeing House. She figured out all sorts of things wrong with me. I got my left fibula adjusted, which made it seem like I was running lopsided for a while. Then, she found my psoas muscles were tight, or not working, or something. I didn't know what a psoas was (say SO-AZ, see diagram above). After pushing on mine, I was in extreme pain, that immediately released. It has helped my stride length, but they're both way out of shape, so I'm constantly sore for finally using them. Today, I got readjusted a few hours after I ran. That was 4 hours ago. Every so often, it's sore, still. BUT, my stride is improving as a result of working and stretching that psoas.

This is what made me cry.  This woman must be made of iron.

2 comments:

marmie July 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Okay. totally impressed by your 8.40 mile AFTER a big steak dinner.

Gosh. you're my idol now.

S July 3, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I don't know if you'll even get this in time (there is wireless internet at the Lake, but who knows if you've got a computer to look at)...but remember that the Lake is a really really nice place to go for a run! :)

(Didn't realize until I spoke to Mom & Dad last night that you had already left, so I hope you guys have a nice time. And I hope K enjoys the fireworks!)

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP