My Odometer

Upcoming Races

July 25, 2011

More track work...

If you live in New England, you know it's been ungodly hot and humid for the past few days.  So much so, I did a couple of runs in the air conditioned confines of the gym.  Friday, the temperatures peaked, with no hope in sight for the next day, either.  Of course, I had a timed run.  So, Saturday, I was up at 6, just to get a 2 hour run done before the sun came up.  Luckily, despite being in the high 70s, and super humid, I didn't also have to deal with the sun that day.

Of course, it was only about a week and a half ago where I was really enjoying the weather (after the last hot-spell).



Today, I was back at the track.  And you know what?  The heat broke.  It was over-cast.  I ran strong the entire time.  I haven't felt that good running in a while.

It was the usual interval workout: 10x200m on 45 seconds, with equal recovery jogging.  With the warm up and cool down, I did over 4 miles.  It was nice to not feel super hot for the first time in what felt like forever.

I'm really looking forward for those runs on vacation.  Views of the ocean, trails, and cool breezes.  Oh, yeah, and that Irish Pub Road Race.  Should be a good time.  Love the after-party.

On a side note, somewhere over the weekend, I went over 1000 miles on DailyMile, with my year-to-date total over 400 (408 as of today).  Last year, I ran all of 600 miles (even).  Feeling pretty awesome.

0 comments:

Total Donuts Burned

There is nothing that will not bend to hard work.

Cheeseburgers Burned

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP